May have to get rid of all my chickies. Sorry, long.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have several....15 alive and breathing (of various ages) and 18 still in the bator. My husband is military and we have had to live apart for the past 3 years because we refused to live somewhere that our youngest son would have to essentially live in the hospital (if he even survived) and the Air Force was fine with that. Anyway....we may be moving now. Not a bad location.....Del Rio, Texas. Our son would be fine there...so far so good. However, we bought out house when we came here (honestly, NOTHING but slums available to rent). It was in the process of being built then. So, with a little over 2 years into it.....there is NO WAY we can sell it and pay it off. We live too far out to rent it and get enough to make the payment. So, we are going to have to struggle to figure out how to rent some crappy place there while we try to get rid of this one....most likely a nasty little slummy apartment. I have my chickies, my 4 cats, my dog, 2 snakes, a scorpion, the kids hamsters. Also, my mom is raising her great neices (twin 10 y/o's). The girls have serious emotional and learning problems and have been through hell. Having me and the boys live close has been so great for them.....and us. My mom is having a LOT of memory related issues lately, too, so I feel I HAVE to be close to watch what is going on.....just in case. I want to be with my husband but I have to literally abandon everyone else who depends on me for so much to be with him. His thoughts.....(and I quote) "I don't give a rat's a** what it does to anyone as long as I get my family back with me". I just feel devestated. I have spent most of the evening in tears....sneaking off to the bathroom so the boys don't know. Sat out with my chickies for an extra long time tonight just talking to them. Sorry, I just needed to get it out...see it written down and see if it looks like I am being selfish. Maybe I am........

2. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    When you married him, was he in military or planning on going?

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    :aww

4. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    I know how you are feeling. I have had to uproot my family numerous times over the last 20 years in the Army. Plus I have had to leave the wife home alone with the kids almost 10 of those twenty years. That is why I am retiring now. But for us, it was never a question about where the family was. They went were ever I did if it was allowed. With older parents of our own, I truly understnad your quandry and wish you the best of luck. And thank you for your service, yes you, not just the hubby. It takes both of you for a career in the service.

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Not at all an easy situation to be in. And with so many people involved..... I believe you will figure out what the best thing to do is. I am sorry you are being put into such a position to have to make this choice [​IMG] Hang in there....... something will present itself and help you decide how to do things!

6. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Wow, good luck with everything.[​IMG] :aww

7. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I'm praying for the best for you and your family.

8. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

:aww Sounds like a very difficult decision and I'm sure you'll mull it over and make the best decision...

You are not being selfish at all... in fact you are thinking of everyone else it seems to me. I guess you're thinking that your son and your mom are more needy then your husband... Big decision.

sorry I can't help, but we're all here to support you and if you have to find homes for your chicks, this is the place.

hang in there. :aww

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh wow, what a terrible situation to be in. Being a retired AF wife...I know the moveing thing..and the family thing. Its hard! And...with your mother needing you there...the kids needing thier dad...you needing your chickens! I will put you in my prayers....HE will show you whats the right thing to do. Be strong....have faith..it will all work out just fine. [​IMG]

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Being a wife is tough. Being a military wife is a lot tougher. My heart goes out to you, hon. . . [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by