May Miss Out on My Dream House.................

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drdoolittle, Jun 29, 2011.

1. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    We live on 5 beautiful partially-wooded acres on a gravel road. It's a great place to live, and the house is a 3-bedroom, 2 1/2 bth open concept modular. However, I grew up in an 1800s 2-story brick home, and have always dreamed of having a home like that again. There is a house about a mile from us at the end of our gravel road that we've been eyeing ever since we moved here 5 years ago. My hubby even told the owner's nephew that if his aunt ever decided to sell, to contact us right away. The aunt hasn't lived there in years, having a home in Cinncinnati, but an elderly couple has been caring for the property.

Evidently, either the aunt has decided to sell, or she passed away, but the place is on the market. Established in 1834, it's on 10 acres with mature trees, an attached garage, screened porch, second garage, corn crib, chicken coop, and barn. It's right next to the river, which I love the sound of. It's so newly on the market, that I can find no info online about it. Hubby is willing to make an offer on it-----even though we have this place and our first home in a nearby city which we rent out-----just because he knows how much it would mean to me. Wel, he thinks it's a cool place, too. I'm so afraid we'll miss this opportunity, as I was told by an aquaintance last year when discussing that Hubby and I would like to buy it, "You and everyone else around here!". What if someone already put an offer on it? The people across the road from it have their house up for sale, strangely enough...................

Well, just wanted to get this worry off my chest----I know others on here have more critical problems, but this is kind of big to me. I just don't want to see that beautiful property split up into 1 or 2 acre plots.

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you [​IMG]

I love, love, love older brick homes.......around here they are in city though, and I don't do "in city".

Should you get it, I will live vicariously thru you. [​IMG] And I hope you don't mind if I ask you to pat the bricks now and again. [​IMG]

3. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Why don't you call the Real Estate office that has it listed. They could tell you if there are any offers on the table or not and would help you make an offer.

4. drdoolittle

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I don't think it's actually listed with anyone yet. We only found out that it's going up for sale because an aquaintance of Hubby's told him the other night that the nephew of the owner has been trying to get into contact with him because it's going up for sale. So hopefully, we'll get the first shot at buying it. I worry a little about selling our current home (after all, we never sold our first one btu rent it----a pain). But, I remember when my parents were trying to buy their brick house, and the owner of that house kind of took their old house as partial payment for the new house.

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Sounds beautiful! Wishing you the best of luck! I also live on the end of a dirt/gravel road, and my house is surrounded by just a little over six acres of woods. I love country living......

I sure hope you get your dream house, but it sounds like the house you have now is very nice too!

[​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Crossing fingers for you!! Save me a room... [​IMG]

7. drdoolittle

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    chicmom wrote:
    I sure hope you get your dream house, but it sounds like the house you have now is very nice too!

Yes, the house I have now is wonderful-----and the property is beautiful (mostly woods, with about an acre of yard around the house, mature trees/flowers and a 1000 sq. foot pen for my animals).

This is a picture of part of our front yard last spring----can't believe the goats were that tiny! You can jsut see the corner of our house and the pool. (Ignore the weird expression on my face----as usual, Hubby snapped the pic. w/o/ warning-----I was in the middle of saying something.)
    [​IMG]

This is a picture of our fire pit-----the pen is just behind it, with the "barn" to middle-right. Taken back when we had horses.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, a photo of my dogs, Daisy and Andre`, on their way down the trail into our woods (it runs to the left of the pen).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  8. drdoolittle

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Thanks for all the well-wishes. You guys are great! [​IMG]

9. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    I would think it would be hard to leave a home so beautiful
    as the one you have.

I hope that getting the other home works out for you if that
    is seriously what you want.

But your dream may very well be the one you're in today, if you consider
    how happy your family is today, where God has you planted.

Either way, enjoy every day with those you love.

Living the dream.

10. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    Gorgeous property you have there, and a very nice home. Hope you are able to get the place you want. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by