**May need duckling in Oregon ASAP(Pics added)**

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickboss, May 26, 2010.

1. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    I set 15 Calls in the incubator and it looks like only one is going to make it. I know this is a long shot, but I hate to raise the little one with out a friend. Is there anyone in Oregon/S. Washington/N. California that may have ducklings getting ready to hatch. Bantams of somekind would be preferable, but a standard would work to. If not, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    If you don't find anything I guarentee you could stop over to Holderreads in Corvallis and pick up a few extra ducklings.

3. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:That's exactly what I thought when I read "in Oregon" - you can't live in a better state for getting ducklings! I wish I could just run over to Corvallis and pick some up! [​IMG]

Sorry about your Calls in the 'bator, chickboss. [​IMG]
    I'm crossing my fingers for the lone survivor! [​IMG]

4. chickboss

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks you guys! That's exactly what I did, and am leaving to pick them up right now. My fingers are crossed for our little one to! We are getting a little flock of thier Assor. Bantams, I'll post pics!

5. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. Sweetfolly

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'll be waiting for pictures! [​IMG]

7. chickboss

Mar 23, 2010
    Okay, pics will have to wait til tomarrow, but the babies are here and settled in. It is a quarter to 10 and I just finished my outside chores..... 2 1/2 hr drive, one way. I just have to say that Millie (or is it Milly) and Dave are fantastic. Very personable, down to earth, and lovely. I got Silver Appleyards, Australian Spotteds, and Ousanbergs (? not sure what they are, other than adorable! I don't even think I spelled it right). And since we were there, we picked up some runners for my other DD as well. LOL, I am so seriously DONE this year! Saddly, we lost one on the way home, got smooshed in the box. I feel really bad that I was sitting right there driving along and the little thing was having trouble and I didn't know. I couldn't have, but still. We are having a double funeral in the morning for the little egg that didn't make it and the one little duckling. [​IMG]

But the others seem bright and healthy, and appear to be having a peeping competition. LOL, driving me mad at the moment...[​IMG] I am hoping all the commotion encourages our little Call to keep on going! She is still wiggling that egg like crazy. I can't believe she hasn't piped yet.

8. Sweetfolly

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Miniature Overbergs?! Those are usually only sold as adults, and it costs more than the birds themselves to ship!
    I am SOOOO jealous right now! [​IMG]

CityChicker has some pictures of her Miniature Overbergs from Holderreads somewhere here on the forum....I'm going to try and find the thread and post a link. [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Here's that link I was looking for: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3881444

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  9. chickboss

Mar 23, 2010
    Annarie, Thank you so much. LOL, I feel daft forgetting the proper name. They are BEUATIFUL! We got three, can we only hope that there is one hen and one drake at least...................I wanted to ask more about them but the kids were so excited, and they had another customer buying geese, and I wanted to start home because it was a long drive.......So I figured I would look them up later. Alright, I have a few things to do, and then can get pics. [​IMG]

10. chickboss

Mar 23, 2010
    Okay, here are the pics!!!

The Runners:
    Whites

[​IMG]

Fawn and White and a Silver
    [​IMG]

Black and Blue
    [​IMG]

And the darker Silver
    [​IMG]

Here are the Silver Appleyards, there are four
    [​IMG]

The Australian Spotteds, they gave us nine with some from all three colors, and they are so jumpy I could hardly get a good pic. LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the four Overburgs....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, that's a lot of friends for one little duck. LOL. On the phone they said they had 10-12 bantams and I could have a discount per bird if I wanted them all. So I show up and there were 15 in the box, plus three extras. It was a A. Spotted that we lost on the ride home. And they sold us the 6 Runners with the Black as an extra. So I came home with 24 ducks. [​IMG] LOL. Looks like I get to do some more building.........[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by