May Theodore O'Connor RIP

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by s6bee, May 28, 2008.

1. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Not chicken related, but for those of you in the equestrian eventing world I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. He was a superstar pony that my daughter was inspired by. He had a freak accident today and had to be Euthanized.
    My prayers go out for Karen and David O'Connor.

Rest in Peace little man.

2. Tangle

Tangle New Egg

May 1, 2008
    [​IMG] RIP Teddy

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm sorry for the loss.

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Yes, being of the eventing world I found out this afternoon. They also lost Tigger Too on May 12, another one of their nice horses who got badly injured on a cross country fence. So sad for them, and Teddy was really a neat little guy! He is running free now.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    has anyone heard anything more about Frodo Baggins? I know him and his rider took a very bad fall about a month ago. It's so sad when something like that happens. My heart goes out to the O'Conners.

6. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    RIP Teddy and Tigger Too.

7. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Quote:I don't know anything about Frodo, sorry. It's been a difficult time in the sport horse community. Darren Chaichia took a horrible fall in Florida this Spring and was in a coma for 40+ days. He's making a wonderful recovery but who knows what he'll really be able to do. He's from our neck of the woods so we watch him. He was an Olympic hopefull for this year and so was Teddy. The O'Connors have been helping out with his facility and school while he recovers.

Now Big Brown has a quarter crack in his front hoof, they will race him at Belmont next week as of now, but it makes me nervous.

8. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    My condolences. May he rest in peace and be happy and healthy in green pastures in heaven.

9. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Oh no! [​IMG]

10. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    He was my absolute most favorite eventer out there these days. It's so sad. Poor guy [​IMG]

Pat

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by