Maybe a little too much education for a two year old :-)!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Nana2KJS, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    My little grandsons were watching an educational DVD about mammals. The two year old's response to hedgehog mating:

"They're making a train."

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] LOL! too funny!

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Hmmm........... Yes [​IMG]

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    choo-choo!

Too sweet.

5. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    One day, I was watching tv with my then four year old daughter. She was sitting quietly on my lap. The word homosexual was mentioned on the show. My daughter pipped up, "I know what sex means." Expecting something silly, I asked her what the word meant. She gave me a pretty acurate description.

Shocked, I asked where she learned about that. Very matter of factly, she said, Animal Planet.

I wasn't upset, which is amazing to me. Her description was too technical for me to be anything other then surprised. She said that "The male transfers his [email protected]@@ into the female with his [email protected]@s." I don't think that she understood sex so much as was repeating a new fact that she had learned. In her mind, the information was no different then explaining how tadpoles turn into frogs.

I did tell her that many children don't know about sex and to please not discuss this with her friends.

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Our DD came home from Kindergarten and proudly proclaimed "I told my class the the difference between a stud and a gelding".

My heart stopped. My skin blanched white. I began mentally rehearsing what I would tell the mommies who would most certainly be calling me after dinner...

DH calmly says 'So what did you tell them?'

She explained 'I told them that studs have girlfriends and geldings don't'.

[​IMG]

Crisis averted! Kids!

7. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    These are so cute! lol [​IMG]

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    My gosh this is funny. I guess it's best to just stay calm and unflinching until you find out just exactly they mean...

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

My daughter also watch the animal channel too or National Geo. and she is aware of those things. She has not yet discussed or told anyone about sex.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by