Maybe Help ID breed for sure?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RMDelete, May 18, 2011.

1. RMDelete

RMDelete Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Escondido
    okay so I tried using the message boards on CL a while back to see if people could help ID my chickies... failure because I suck at taking pictures... soo now I took a little more time to try and get some OK pictures of the girls (or so I hope they are girls) anyway they are about two and a half to three weeks old right now (supposedly) and they were supposedly RIR but I am sure they are not (or not all of them are, I don't really care anyway because I love them all and I didn't necessarily pick them for being supposed RIR anyway sooo yeah...)

anyway I tried... here are their pictures, I took at least four of each chickie (and frikin Caramel colored one kept trying to run away)

[​IMG] Sheeesh....

anyway

Chickie number 1 (supposedly GIRL) Caramel colored and named "Tweetie"
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chickie number 2 (supposedly GIRL) Darker Brown with Stripe named "Twitchie"
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Chickie number 3 (supposedly GIRL) Lighter Yellow with some white tips named "Peck"
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

so there they are! The three girls [​IMG] (they said 80% certainty on sex) uhm... so the darker one with the stripe was the chickie who kept me up all night Monday trying to make her get better, she is doing perfectly fine now without a sign that she ever felt ill.... I just want answers... last time I asked on CL again posting a crappy pic again people told me they thought they were the following

Tweetie: RIR
    Twitchie: either Welsummer, Easter Egger, or Ameraucana (sp)
    Peck: Red Star

I'm not sure...

2. 1 looks a little like a roo

i'm seeing a mix (or unknown breed by me), an ester egger, and a red sex link

3. Sorin

Sorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    I'm not sure what Tweetie is but she is sure cute! Twitchy looks kinda like an EE, and I don't know about Peck, the coloring though is a little reminiscent of a Mille Fleur, but I'm no expert [​IMG] Sorry I couldn't help more [​IMG]

4. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    that was my first gut instinct too; #1 roo..but I dont know..still learning lol

5. RMDelete

May 17, 2011
    Escondido
    Gah! I really hope Tweetie is not a roo! :p that would make it very difficult for my Nephew's to keep them if they started crowing! Geez! Maybe I will keep posting updates as the days progress.

6. RMDelete

May 17, 2011
    Escondido
    I know it's only been three days but my chickies have feathered out a little more and I was hoping now maybe someone could guess their sex? Obviously I really don't need or want a baby roo but if it is then [​IMG] at least I can start training myself to give it away later....

here are their pictures... first up is Twitchie... looks like Twitchie's episode earlier last week may have taken a toll on her and stunted her growth a bit since I noticed she is growing slower than the rest... I say "she" but all these are me being hopeful. Please give me your feedback...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That above was all Twitchie.. please let me know if she is a she please!

next up is Tweetie who was suspect to someone earlier [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"she" would not turn sideways for me to take a good pic.. please let me know what Tweetie is -_- (plzzzz b a grrl)

aaaand finally we have Peck up for this exam... Peck has feathered out so far as much as Tweetie has, I hope it's not a bad thing :\\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Peck still has a teeny bit of dye left on her forehead from when she was tagged as a "girl" please also let me know about "her"!!! please :p

I would like some peace of mind ^_^ thanks everyone!!

7. greenSearcher

greenSearcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Texoma
    The first one has a rooish stance, but it hard to tell if the comb is still yellow or pinking up. If it pinks before about 5 weeks, you can feel fairly certain it is a boy. The others seem girlish. Be patient, and don't be surprised if a girl turns out a boy, sexing is difficult even for the pros.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by