Maybe I'm crazy...

askria

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 11, 2012
Just went to boil some eggs - picked one up ( I have a rooster =) ) and I could swear it moved a bit! Felt like something was inside, moving. Tried candling, but it's my first time, and can't see anything but darkness. Compared it to another egg, which was a lot lighter (still can't see a yolk though - brown eggs). Is it possible I have a fetus? I collect eggs every day, but maybe I missed this one... I don't have an incubator - any ideas to try to hatch it?

Also, the egg was in the fridge for 5 days. If the chick is far enough along to move, will it hatch normally? Is it too late - did the fridge damage it too much?

Last edited:
Honestly, chances are you have a large or thicker yolk. Sometimes my eggs are like that and it turns out to be a thick yolk sometimes double yolker.

For your egg to have a baby, it had to be forgotten in with the chickens for quite awhile. It takes 10days to be able to candle your babies and check for a chicken.

So I would say eat it...crack in a bowl first "just in case"...but yes, the fridge would've likely finished off anything that might have been in your egg.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll crack it. Weirdest thing I've ever felt though. =) I very much appreciate the reply.

Back
Top Bottom