1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Maybe this could help all you egg shippers??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DillardHome, Jan 22, 2011.

1. DillardHome

DillardHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    I have never shipped eggs before, but I thought maybe this would work for all of you that do (you may already know). I'm guessing you may use egg cartons but if your only shipping a few or if your out of cartons. [​IMG]

It is a drink carrier that you get from fast food places. The eggs fit right in the cup holders and the center. Some smaller eggs may need a little extra padding around them.
    Maybe this can help minimize how much packing material you'll have to use. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've actually used these to put Christmas ornaments in when packing them up for the year. Sometime you can ask the restaurants for a bunch and they'll give them for free. But you may have to do a little sweet talk. [​IMG]

Anyone...pros or cons?

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

You are planning on bubble wrapping them also? (I just have to ask - sorry)

Looks pretty interesting.

3. DillardHome

DillardHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    Quote:I personally do not ship eggs. I just thought this may make a good extra cushion for those that do. [​IMG]

Bubble wrapping would be a good idea [​IMG]

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yeah, the only way this would work is if you bubble wrapped them or stuffed a LOT of shredded paper in there. . . We do indeed already ship eggs in cartons, but only with lots of shredded paper or the likes. Otherwise, there should be NO room for an egg to move around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by