Mayberry I can relate

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
A week or so ago you were talking about a girlfriend that didn't understand your chickens. This last weekend my daughter's friend and mother came to pick my daughter up. They were pretty appalled about me having baby chicks in a brooder in the house. My daughter spent the night with them and she said it was the subject at the dinner table with the dad there.

My daughter came home and said Mom there house is pretty boring. She said who can watch eggs hatch and watch baby chicks grow daily, how exciting is that!!! I told her everyone was different and that's okay.

Oh my husband agree with your comment about not having to change avatars
wink.png
He likes that particular one too!!!

jackie

Quote:
i guess they would be appalled at alot of us then
smack.gif

i have 8 week peachicks in our half bath in a cage. can't wait till they can go out in there bigger cage in a month
bun.gif
i want to be able to look at them more and not worry about the airconditioning getting in there to much and having to keep the light on 24/7.

Last edited:
We'll they would have a stroke at my place - I have an aquarium set up in my front room with 4 new button quail in it (and a beanie babie named Lucky). That's their home from now on. No going outside - this country girl is bringing the farm inside. If folks don't like it they can "kiss my grits"!
cool.png

Talk about animals inside... My lost (or temporarily stolen) turtle came back after 10 weeks so now this winter I will have a kiddie pool of water for them in the living room!

I used to let my BABY snapping turtle that i hatched from an egg walk around the house until some one almost stped on it and now he lives in an aquarium until i can let hem free

Yes there is and lots of it. All of my chickens started out in the house and occasionally I'll bring one or two in just to give them a once over and ensure there are no sores, pulled quills etc.

Back
Top Bottom