Mayday,mayday,mayday

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by duckinnut, Sep 25, 2011.

1. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    I got a Barred with some skin pulled back,a little triangle maybe an inch in each direction on her back right above her leg and at the end of the wing. I got and old pair of my sons kid underwear over her,cut a slit in the bottom to stick her head thru and her wings thru the legs holes. Got the piece of skin tucked inside the band hoping it will stay there. Put some antibiotic on it and will do so everyday but my question should I give her some oral antibiotics and what should I use? [​IMG]

That freakin rooster sometimes I wonder if he is worth the trouble.[​IMG] It was my idea to keep him too.[​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I would just put some topical antibiotic ointment on the injury. I've seen chickens with terrible injuries that did not need oral antibiotics. Sounds like you are taking care of the wound real well. Keep clean, put some topical antibiotic ointment on. Your chicken should heal just fine.
    [​IMG]

3. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Ok thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by