Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance for 2 month old ducklings?

Fawkes

Songster
12 Years
May 8, 2011
I have 2 month old ducklings who aren't wanting to eat Purina Flock Raiser since I got a new bag.

It smells and looks good, I think it probably just tastes different from the last bag and they’re being picky.

I’ve always given them Purina as their main food, plus Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance as a treat. But now they just want Mazuri 24/7.

Is that ok at their age? Would I need the Mazuri starter food instead?

I have 2 month old ducklings who aren't wanting to eat Purina Flock Raiser since I got a new bag.

It smells and looks good, I think it probably just tastes different from the last bag and they’re being picky.

I’ve always given them Purina as their main food, plus Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance as a treat. But now they just want Mazuri 24/7.

Is that ok at their age? Would I need the Mazuri starter food instead?
I believe the maintenance is for mature, fully feathered birds. That doesn’t really say much so I would read the bag and make sure it has enough of what they need and if so go for it.

I switch mine over to the Mazuri maintenance at 6 to 8 weeks, so its fine. Not surprised. Flock raiser is good feed but once they get the luxury stuff they put their little webbies down. I've recently cut costs a little by mixing Mazuri with Purina duck pellets. They seem ok with this. I know flock raiser is good food but the poo smell from it is awful. The poo smell from Mazuri is much better.

Glad to hear it's ok! They would've thrown a fit otherwise lol. They decided to basically strike because they knew I'd keep caving and give them some Mazuri :lol:

I did notice their poop was less messy with Mazuri and now that you mention it, it does smell less!

They eat so much, hopefully they slow down as they get older! They're getting pretty big now but they're still young and growing. I do wonder though if mallard-type ducks eat more than muscovies? I'm pretty sure I've heard that before. It's been a while since I've had anything but muscovies.

I've never had Muscovies. They will slow a little in a month or so. Strangely, mine seem to eat less if food is always available. If I feed them at a set time, they stuff their little faces trying to ensure they get their share.

Back
Top Bottom