Mc Donalds cheeseburger?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by littleflocker, Dec 27, 2011.

1. littleflocker

littleflocker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2011
    Island County WA
    [​IMG] I think it would be fun and good tasting for the girls to ravage [​IMG]
    I know I enjoy it [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I buy one every few days (from the dollar menu) on my lunch break to tear apart and give to free range chickens. They love it.

My own flock gets better (healthier) treats, though. White bread buns aren't all that nutritious, the ketchup is high in sugar. The meat and cheese is okay and good protein for them.

3. littleflocker

Nov 7, 2011
    Island County WA
    I will subtract the bun then. Thanks

4. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    Quote:I don't think the bun will make much difference. [​IMG] the whole thing is unhealthy. But as a treat, yummy!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Nah, as an occasional treat, it won't hurt 'em, really. They love soft bread!

I was just mentioning that I have other, healthier treats for my own birds. I try to make sure they get plenty of protein and greens. I also don't want to transport a mini-meal McDouble over fifty miles home for the chickens. But the city free range, probably feral chickens get that exact thing a couple times a week from me.

6. littleflocker

Nov 7, 2011
    Island County WA
    I just threw away the half of the bun that had the ketchup. I give them oatnut bread usually and my SLW likes to peel off and eat the crust first.

7. claudicles

claudicles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Did you buy it specially for the chickens? There are plenty of better ways to spend your money and treat your girls. Green vegies for one thing. If you want to give them a protein boost then mince meat is good.

8. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    While I doubt it would hurt them, I wouldn't do it.

9. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Being a recovering vegetarian, I still stay away from fast food patties as they're "sterilized" by ammonia washing. NOT something THIS chemist wants in my body, OR my chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by