McDonalds McRib - Love It, Like It, Loathe It?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by suzettex5, Nov 8, 2010.

1. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    I am just curious- Of those of you who do eat at Micky-D's, how do you feel about the McRib? They have brought them back onto the menu here locally (nor cal) for awhile and they have made their way into my kitchen via my sneaky hubby.

I personally cant even stand the smell of those things, and frankly, the way the patty looks creeps me out a bit. But my Hubby LOVES them! He's nuts about them, and cant understand/believe that I dont. He keeps buying them for me everytime they are available (whats up w/them only being around for limited times, anyways??) and I tell him every, stinkin, time- I HATE those things!!!! He just shakes his head in disbelief. My oldest son eats them too (but he eats dang near anything that resembles food lately).

Its just got me to wondering if I am just a McRib hate'in freak, or if there are others out there who dislike them (or LOVE them)??

How say you?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    The smell of those things makes me want to wretch! [​IMG]

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    [​IMG] So nasty. Never have eaten one. Never will.

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Ditto!!

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I like my ribs on, but falling off, the bone, slow roasted, tangy sauce... mmm good.

Likewise for salisbury steak ... home is SO much better than the frozen ... stuff.

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

McDonald's as a whole is gross, and their McRib is no exception. That being said, "gross" is a relative term & while I do not eat McDonald's food except on very rare occasions, I totally love the way it tastes and totally love the McRib. I may possibly get one while they're out this time, but it's very rare that I even eat food from McDonald's anyway.

Over recent years, however, I have become more health-conscious when it comes to my eating, and it is a rare occasion that I even set foot in a McDonald's. When I say "rare", I mean between 2 and 4 times a year at most.

7. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Yuck!!! [​IMG]

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have this love/hate affair with McDonalds. I dont eat there, well, maybe occassionally for breakfast, their chicken biscuits are yummy, but I have stock in Mickey D, which has been good to me, so I feel like I should support McD...but for the most part, can't.

10. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    i loved them when ate meat. now...not so much.

if you live far from a McD's i suggest bringing a change of pants or maybe an adult diaper for the trip back home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by