1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

McDonalds sucks!!!! Updated!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tikkajazz94, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have been working at McD's since July. It started okay. But now, I have been getting Sexual comments from my coworkers and getting mocked for doing a thing for safety. I wasn't able to talk to any manager about it. :\\ I gave my week notice in and It caught their attention. It went from one manager to the store manager's To-do list for today. Its not fun being picked on right infront of costumers. It made me mad and sad. It felt awful getting picked on, in a place where should be safe, where I got told was safe. [​IMG]
    Sorry for my rant.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I'm so sorry people are treating you this way. [​IMG] Sexual comments are absolutly NOT ok in the workplace. McDonald's is a huge corporation with a chain of command. It is your responsibility to report a situation like this. There should be a list of contact numbers available to all employees posted in the break area or in your hire packet. If the in-store management will not listen, call the person above them (market or area manager), if they do not listen call the corporate office (probably an 800 number). I bet the company will investigate and deal with this quickly. You should not be the one leaving.

3. Tikkajazz94

Quote:But, I will be leaving anyway. but I have good friends there, also getting picked on. They are thanking me for doing this. But I couldn't even talk, dew to busyness, so Me Giving my week notice, opened their eyes. The sad part is I got picked on right infront of a managers eyes [​IMG]

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Quote:But, I will be leaving anyway. but I have good friends there, also getting picked on. They are thanking me for doing this. But I couldn't even talk, dew to busyness, so Me Giving my week notice, opened their eyes. The sad part is I got picked on right infront of a managers eyes [​IMG]

If your manager witnessed this and did nothing, you should still call corporate. It would help your friend and any future employees. I hope you find a better job. [​IMG]

5. Tikkajazz94

If your manager witnessed this and did nothing, you should still call corporate. It would help your friend and any future employees. I hope you find a better job. [​IMG]

Well I can always work at Tim Hortons. I wanna wait a bit longer, if I don't have a call, Im going to get the owner of the store's number and call them, if I can, than the person who hired me (She does not work in the store just a hiring manager). I got told that she is the voice of the Workers. My sister suggest go to the labour board too. And complain to Head office.
    Thanks [​IMG] I also have to give time to let the store manager come in today (Normally in 30 mins to a hour away from now)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. Tikkajazz94

My weeks notice I wrote on wasn't good. They need it all formal. bluh bluh bluh. Than I have a meeting with the store manager. So He knows what he's dealing with and so he knows what hes going to do

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] I'm so very sorry.

I use to work at McDonald's over 20 years ago. We had a store manager steal from our cash registers and make passes at a few girls. My friends complained to the other managers about this particular manager grabbing them in inappropiate places. Nothing was done at first stating they didn't know how to handle it. He was told to stop, then he turned angry at those who turned them in and put them down. The final straw was one night of closing, there was $40 missing from every till, which one was including mine. The other managers blamed everyone(us workers) but the store manager who took the money. One of us had to complain higher up before something was done. We were all written up for the missing money, but was taken back after they found the truth. It was a higher up manager that looked after several McDonald stores. Finally, there was an investigation and that store manager was fired!

8. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    Quote:Write down your whole story before you go in, so you have all your reasons there, and you don't forget anything.

9. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Quote:Write down your whole story before you go in, so you have all your reasons there, and you don't forget anything.

X2

Also, if you can remember any specifics, such as what was said, if there were witnesses, and when might be helpful.

10. Tikkajazz94

Update:
    I had to write a new letter and hand it in. I had a meeting with the store manager and we talked. he refused the letter, dew to the fact that he wants to talk to the people first. He wants to double check everything. Which is great. He said if I don't like the way he does it. Than I can hand it in. He doesn't want me to run away from the problem, He wants it solved. instead of making it sleep waiting for the next victim.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by