1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

MCMURRAY catalog is out!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickiebaby, Nov 22, 2008.

1. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Alright, all you cockerels and pullets, this is the day! Just got my email from Murray McMurray and the online orders for this year are OPEN!

Yes, it is ridiculously freezingly cold, right now, but I'm already fantasizing like mad.

I was going to bake bread today, but how can I bake bread when I could be looking at PICTURES of WEE CHICKS and reading the delicious old-fashioned ad copy about golden watches, good mothers, state fairs, and "spizzerunkum"!

Good thing the paper catalog hasnt arrived yet. Once it does, no one ever comes out of the bathroom!

What are YOU planning this spring?!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I didn't need to know this, no no! I surely didn't!
    We are in the middle of a huge debate at our house. I'm getting more egg customers than my hens can supply. To me the answer is more chickens! My SO on the other hand wants me to stop taking on more customers...ut hum, he's the one that keeps signing up more people, not me! [​IMG]

3. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    HA! I got my paper catalogue yesterday! Even if I'm not ordering, it's sooooo fun to look at! [​IMG] All dem gorgeous birdies! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  4. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Quote:I am having the same issue. I have quite a following now for eggs and can't keep up with orders. I am wondering what you ask for a dozen?

I will probably get more in the spring when the farm store has them. I kind of like to look them over before I buy.

Mary

5. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    What breeds are you looking at? Anything new in the paper catalog? Pant,pant!

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm only charging $1.50 a dozen right now for a couple of reasons. First off, my hens are still young and some of the eggs are still on the small size and because we are only selling to friends and some of my SO's co-workers. Two of his co-workers insist on paying $2 for theirs, saying they know how much feed costs.
    IF and that's a big if I decide to get more hens I am looking at a breed that is considered a bigger producer than my brahmas, either speckled sussex or the red stars. I love to look at the chicks at Atwoods, but want to be able to get the breed I decide on. I'll either go thru the hatcheries or ask the manager at Atwoods to place my order with theirs.

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    What are YOU planning this spring?!

A full scale chicken invasion of the backyard. [​IMG]

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Why did I have to read this? Like I "need" more chickens! HA!!!

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Any new breeds out?

10. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I won a $25 McMurray gift certificate at a poultry show a month ago, I promised myself that I would buy supplies or books with it, but I have a feeling I will wind up ordering a box of chicks instead [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by