McMurray has their 2008 day old chick's listed for order already

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LoneCowboy, Nov 17, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yep, got the notice yesterday. Can't wait to order more chicks for next year. Prices have gone up a little, about .07 each. But there's no inflation. [​IMG]

DH and I can't decide when it would be best to start next year. Hard to tell when it will warm up. Dang. I hate to wait. [​IMG]

2. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:AW MAN! Now, you got ME obsessing about them! Geesh! I definitely have to wait until AT least February to order any...anytime sooner would be heck to pay! LOL! (It gets COLD here in Colorado!)

~:-V

3. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yeah, but they say order early so you get a good pick. They don't ship until Feb. anyway. I'm trying to decide when in Feb. it's going to be warm enough, here in Colorado, to get chicks. Or, do I have to wait until March? [​IMG]

4. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    well, it will be cold, but I ordered mine anyway.. They're gonna live in the attached garage for a couple of months anyway with lamps and all that so the only real worry about the cold is the transit.

woo..

5. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    ok i gota question why dont ya just hatch your own???i hatch my own when i want as many as i want. dont have to pay all that money. and its more fun than waiting .i have 5 kids they love itthey all cant wait until i hatch a few off.its realy easy. just had to ask??[​IMG]

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I order things like Sexlinks and Cornish x's because I can't make thoes. I also order birds to refresh my stock, or order birds that are purebred. I have almost all mixes and they aren't the best at the egg thing.

7. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    i understand now lol:/ some people think a chicken is a chicken no matter the breed. im beging to see alot more to this chicken stuff than i thought. [​IMG]

8. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Well, I'm going to hatch some, but I buy 50 at a time, brood them and sell them. Then I bring in 50 more. I figure I can actually bring in 50 ever 3-4 weeks with the brooders I picked up for cheap, but the reality of it is "Roosters" Yep, that's why I can't just hatch my own. Nobody wants that many roosters. [​IMG]

9. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    well as for me, this is my first lot of chicks. I haven't built a bator yet and don't have the time available right now to build one or monitor the process. I plan on hatching out my own from this first batch. I imagine I will buy some from time to time but hopefully the birds i've selected will produce enough to replenish their count on their own. When I do need to refresh, it will probably only be a few here or there which I can get from local feed stores. (RIR's, Leghorns, etc)

10. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    On the Mcmurray website it doesn't show what pullets would be most items were showing up as straight runs, their catalog has a pullet, straight run or something else, why doesn't it list it like that on their website?
    Thank in advance for help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by