1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

McMurray Hatchery Question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Herechickychick, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Herechickychick

Herechickychick In the Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Northern California
    Hi, I was just wondering if McMurray Hatchery ever throws in penuts? If anyone has, please tell me what you got. Thanks!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009

2. We got peanuts two years ago when we split an order with a friend. Red Star roosters, 8 of them. Mean little things. We gave them to someone down the road.

3. Kesha

Kesha In the Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    Yes, I just got my order of 25. I received my 1 rare and an extra. I think it depends on the size of your order.

4. farmerlor

farmerlor Songster

Last year I ordered 25 chicks and got 42.

5. Bizzybirdy

Bizzybirdy Songster

Apr 14, 2008
    North of Nashville
    On an order of 25 last Spring I got an extra and a beautiful Andulusian 'roo baby. He is grown now and what a bird!! I happened to have an Andulusian hen so this worked.

Will order a couple more pullets this year. They are gorgeous birds. :) I keep them separate from my main flock.

6. Herechickychick

Feb 16, 2009
    Northern California
    Oh my Gosh! I'm ordering 25+1rare, Am I gonna get peanuts? Im gonna have nightmares of 100's of mean rosters!![​IMG]
    Please no, Please no!!![​IMG]

7. farmerlor

farmerlor Songster

Quote:We got a splash Andie pullet as our extra last year. I've GOT to get her a boyfriend.

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I got a golden laced wyandotte in one of my orders once. [​IMG] He went to a good home.

9. Herechickychick

Feb 16, 2009
    Northern California
    Wait are these you're free rare ones or extra peanuts?[​IMG]

10. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    what the heck is a penut exactly i was thinking real penut or like packing penut till i started reading further down:frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by