Mcmurray Hatchery rare chick?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thechickman04, Feb 27, 2008.

1. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    as all of you that have ordered from MMH that they send a free rare chick...What kind of chick did you recieve and was it a rooster or hen.

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    well, I have never personally ordered from them... but if I'm correct they send a free rare chick with orders of 30 or more chicks. Maybe even 25? But they are usually roosters... most of the time they are over a 50% chance of being a roo. Hatcheries usually end up doing that.

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Silver Spangled hamburg, girl and A black frizzle Cochin bantam (a rat got it before I knew what it was), and a blue Andalusian, girl. I have never received a free chick that was a boy.

4. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    I received a silverspangled hamburg roo. His name is Nuggett!!

5. polish15

polish15 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    MD
    They forgot t send mine but they said they would send me 2 free ones next time. 3 of my friends got orders though. 1 New Hamp M, 1 Eygiptian M and 1 Cochin F.

6. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    i had one that died the first day: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] i wanted to see what it would turn out to be too

7. Ilikechickens!

Ilikechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    COLARADO
    Im getting silver spangleds how's their personality? I know that my friend in 4H (her name was pulled out of a hat to see who got the extra chick) she got a white banty cotchin pullet, She is SOOO cute [​IMG]

8. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Our free rare chick from MMH is a Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster...that's him in my avatar. He's one of my favorites and one of these days I will have some girlfriends for him.

More pix of him...our SSH

Dawn

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Ilikechickens! :

Im getting silver spangleds how's their personality? I know that my friend in 4H (her name was pulled out of a hat to see who got the extra chick) she got a white banty cotchin pullet, She is SOOO cute [​IMG]

They are a hoot and very independent, oh and they can fly, really well! You will LOVE them.​

10. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Our "RARE" chick didn't make it. It was dead in the box when we rec'd it. Two years ago, my cousin ordered from McMurray and the "rare" chick was a Turken. It was a hen. She was an excellent egg layer and very beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by