McMurray Hatchery Rocks!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ese_N_Gracie, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Ese_N_Gracie

Ese_N_Gracie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    I work at The Wildlife Center in Northern New Mexico. We rehabilitate injured wild animals as well as educate children and adults about native wildlife using our fantastic Educational Birds. We have been facing budget crisis and reached out to Mcmurray Hatchery to donate baby male chicks (apparently roosters aren't as popular...Ese, the king bantam cochin, would be very disappointed). Our Ed animals are now getting the extra enrichment of variety of diet, but it is saving us almost ten percent of our educational food budget (we aren't using them on the releasable animals so as not to teach them to go after our chickens). Thank you Mcmurray Hatchery for donating all the chicks! Chico, velcro, Weasel, Cirrus, Manchado and the rest of the gang really appreciate it!

Madena
    WWW.thewildlifecenter.org

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    That is awesome. Way to go McMurray Hatchery.

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    That is awesome! It sucks that they have to dispose of the boys to begin with, but I would much rather see it be in the circle of life way than the way that I have heard many dispose of their cockerels.

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Way to go ....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Ese_N_Gracie

Ese_N_Gracie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    They are so Awesome.

I was originally shocked when I heard what happens to all those little roos…but after having more than one myself…I kinda understood. I love Ese…my little man…he’s the hardest working roo in the chicken business, but man he can test my patience.

Mcmurray is sending us 400 tomorrow…I don’t enjoy euthanizing, but at least they aren’t just being tossed! Cycle of life is the only reason I can do some of the things I do at work. Again, Thank You Mcmurray Hatchery!!!!

Madena
    www.thewildlifecenter.org

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by