1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

McMurray mystery 3 weeks old what am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LittlenRedHen782, Jun 1, 2011.

1. LittlenRedHen782

LittlenRedHen782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    South Jordan UT
    Here are a few pics of my mystery chick. I am not worried about sex yet. Just trying to figure her out the best way to describe her markings is like a red hawk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will try for more pics later. She just does not stand still for long. [​IMG]

2. LunarRayne

LunarRayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    SW Arkansas
    As far as breed goes, it looks similar to my partridge rocks... Just a guess though...

3. TheChickenProject

TheChickenProject Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    I purchased an EE from Agway two weeks ago with almost the same markings. Unfortunatly, it died suddenly this weekend. We called it a "chicken hawk" because of its markings.

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Quote:X2

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Can you tell what kind of comb it has? Single would look like a small single straight serrated line; Cushion, Pea, or Rose would look be a triangularish flattish fleshy patch that may or may not have a few bumps in it; Buttercup would be two kind of serrated lines that meet towards the back of the head.

6. LittlenRedHen782

Mar 28, 2009
    South Jordan UT
    It has a single comb.

7. strawberryfields

strawberryfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    It is an Egyptian Fayoumi, we got two with our order from McMurrays as well : -)

8. strawberryfields

Jan 9, 2010
    Her head will lighten up to be silvery... I would never have guessed that a brown headed chick could become a white headed one!!!

Good luck!!! Have fun with her!

9. LittlenRedHen782

Mar 28, 2009
    South Jordan UT
    If she is Egyptian then it is time for the kids to do more research on Egyptian goddess. I got two Egyptian pullets from a friend and the kids named them Isis and Hathore. [​IMG]

Looking at the website she matches the chicks on there. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. strawberryfields

Jan 9, 2010
    That she is : -) ! I will try to post of photo of mine as babies, and now as adults...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by