McMurray Mystery Chick Breed? PICS

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
68573_mystery_chick.png

This is my mystery chick from McMurray i think. It doesnt have any feathers on its legs, and it isnt a bantam unless they sent me an older bantam chick with my young standard chicks. I have been trying to figure out what this one is all day by looking on the hatchery website and google images but i cant figure it out. The only thing i have found that looks close is the buff japanese bantams but i really dont think this one is a bantam. It is the same size if not slightly larger than the rest of my chicks.
The breeds of chicks i ordered are :
buff orpingtons
delawares
turken
single comb brown leghorn
white leghorn
silver laced wyandotte
easter eggers
black stars
black australorp
and red stars

I HAVE NO IDEA!! sure is cute.
LOOKS like a compleat mutt to me
smile.png

like a oops chicken.

ohhh EE... now thats an idea.. but arent EE legs green??

Last edited:
It might be a delaware because i ordered 2. I just dont see another one like it.
I went out and counted each breed and compared to how many i think I ordered. I had 5 chicks that had chipmunk stripes on them. I should only have 4. 3 easter eggers and 1 brown leghorn.
So maybe that one is a delaware and they gave me an extra easter egger. Which from what i hear are almost always roosters
sad.png

If its a rooster I doubt i will keep it

Quote:
I have no idea what your chick is. But I did want to add this: I ordered chicks from McMurray this past spring. I received 4 extra chicks in addition to my order. Only 1 of them ended up being a rooster, so I got 3 free hens. If you ordered a Delaware pullet, and they had to substitute another breed because your Delaware was unavailable, they should have substituted another pullet. They shouldn't intentionally give you a rooster in place of a pullet you ordered. I can also say that McMurray was spot on with my chick sexing. All my girls turned out to be girls, and out of 4 straight run chicks in my order only 1 turned out to be a roo. So, out of an order of 32 (+4 freebies) birds, I got 2 boys. Not bad, IMO. I was very pleased with McMurray. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom