Mcmurray order

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kelliepulido, Oct 29, 2010.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    My order came 25 brown egg layers,assortment.I was sent 27 yeah,all healthy eating and drinking.They are all so nice looking.I was worried it was really cold,and the order was sent on wed.

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    keep us posted on their progress. i have been giving more thought to ordering some chicks to grow up, but can't decide who to go with.
    Where are the pictures?

3. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I usually hatch myself order eggs here but this summer I hatched over 150 eggs and only have 25 hens sooo I want a nice laying group and then will work on my own special ones for fun.So seramas are hatching now,I have about 40 bantams 1-2m out in the barn coop that I have hatched out but sure is nice knowing the order is all pullets.

4. nacylv

nacylv Spammer

Oct 29, 2010
    spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
  5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Still want to see pictures...I wonder how reliable the hatcheries are as far as sexing them? I have bought locally & not been too impressed with some of what I have. It was morre like a pity purchase. I think I would be much more appreciative of something I raised myself rather than got at (supposedly) 5 months old or 'already laying' only to find that neither has been the case.

(BTW--I reported the above spam post)

6. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    [​IMG] what do you think they are?The big striped one is the 1 exotic that they send, she looks kind of silvery with lion head

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks like your one exotic is an Easter Egger.

How long ago did you order?

I was on the McMurray site yesterday and it looks like they are almost done until the 1st of February.

8. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I ordered about 1m ahead or maybe 3wks. I know I saw they are about done for this season.Glad I got them I was going to wait til spring but then I would have to wait til next fall for eggs

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I think their last hatch is like next week.. you got them in the nick o time....

10. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Haha so funny everyone is getting babies before they are out for the winter! [​IMG]

CUTE BABIES, CONGRATS! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by