McMurray sold out, who do you recommend for an assortment of breeds?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by LA~Poulet, May 4, 2009.

1. LA~Poulet

LA~Poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    Our non-negotiable breeds are the Brahmas (pref. Buff but would take light), Black Jersey Giants, and Ameraucanas/Eastereggers.

We'd like to mix in a couple others (Dominiques in particular, but open to many others).

Know of a hatchery likely to carry them? I've been trying Cackle on the phone all day but always get a busy signal, I'd love some other places to try who might carry the ones we need.

2. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Did you try Mt Healthy Hatchery?

3. LA~Poulet

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    Thanks Hens & chicks, I just found them using google and am trying their number as well as Cackle's, still no answer. Poultry business must be good right now. [​IMG]

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

6. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooops - my bad - I read LA as Los Angeles [​IMG]

7. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have always had very good luck with Ideal. I am in GA. I buy large breeds for meat from them every year and have never had a issue.

8. LA~Poulet

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    I finally got through to Cackle and they had what I needed (although not until July 1). Thanks for your help (and wish me luck!) [​IMG]

9. THunter

THunter Chillin' With My Peeps

I was going to say Cackle would be your best bet. Good prices, too. Ideal seems to have a good variety but I've never ordered from them. Probably will next year.

10. AZKat

AZKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    All of the breeds you list are offered by My Pet Chicken. I'm not getting my birds until August, so I can't comment on that part, but so far their customer service has been top-notch.
    Its also possible to get the birds early. I could gotten mine in the second week of June, due to a order cancellation, but decided not to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by