McMurray Special Assorted Bargain

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PortoProud, Jun 21, 2010.

1. PortoProud

PortoProud Out Of The Brooder

Ok.....So I got my order from McMurray, and wanted some help in identifying them....

I know there are 8 White Rocks (Part of the order)

But the other ones I am not sure on.

I can tell you none of them have furry legs. Any help at all would be great- since I have to idenitfy some of the ones that passed during shipment... [​IMG]
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Are number 15, 19, 27, and 32 EEs? And 9 is a white crested black polish. And is 31 crested?If it is, I think it is a white polish.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  3. PortoProud

Quote:Yes- it has a nice little 'tuff'-
    Thanks for the insight....

4. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    I got a white polish as my exotic free chick from McMurrays. At first I was horrified, could only have been more disappointed if it were a silkie [​IMG] but the little chick has alot of personality so instead of rehoming, I may keep it (if it's a pullet!).
    I agree with the EE call. What was supposed to be in the order?

5. PortoProud

Quote:In this case- they send whatever they want. The only ones I knew for sure were the White Rocks, since I already have some of them, and wanted to have more.

It could be anything. 25 of "what-ever we can reach and throw in the box....."

But, I have to be able to identify what was DOA-
    And there were multiples of each breed.

6. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Looks like you have some blue colored chicks in there - and the only blues that McMurray carries that I am aware of are Blue Andalusions.

I wouldn't be quick to say the chipmunk looking ones are EE's. Speckled Sussex chicks have chipmunk markings, too, so without seeing their faces to look for muffs and beards, or seeing the color of their legs, that would be a tough call.

You definitely have 2 polish.

The reddish chicks could be red stars or New Hampshire Reds. (24, 26, & 28)

3, 4, and 8 *could* be Silver Wyandottes IF they have a rose comb, or Silver Spangled Hamburgs (if they have a single comb)

The yellow chicks are most likely the white rocks.

The black chicks *could* be Andalusions (because with the blues you would get blue,black, and splash), Black Australorps, Black Jersey Giants, or Black Stars....not sure what other breeds they have that start out black.

individual pics of the chicks so one could see legs and face would help a lot in helping you determine breed. [​IMG]

7. PortoProud

Quote:Wow! Thank you so much. I was wondering if BYC had a list of just the chicks, that one could browse through to match up photos. I have seen the list of the adults, but nothing that has just chicks....

Is that a Possible idea for a post??

But, regardless, right now I know I lost a White Polish. I also lost something that was very black, with black legs and black beak. And, we lost one that looked like a chipmunk. But, we are still under the 48-hour window.

I appreciate all the help!

8. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Quote:Wow! Thank you so much. I was wondering if BYC had a list of just the chicks, that one could browse through to match up photos. I have seen the list of the adults, but nothing that has just chicks....

Is that a Possible idea for a post??

But, regardless, right now I know I lost a White Polish. I also lost something that was very black, with black legs and black beak. And, we lost one that looked like a chipmunk. But, we are still under the 48-hour window.

I appreciate all the help!

If you are willing to sift through them one breed at a time, MyPetChicken.com has good chick photos with each breed. The trick is figuring out which breeds to check, but others have given you a start on that part at least.

9. PortoProud

Quote:Maybe there should be a thread started on here with just chicks.....

For easy identification....and fun. [​IMG]

It would surely help me....!!

10. Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Rogue Valley, S. Oregon
    I just got an my McMurray order 2 weeks ago.
    Here's what I will guess based on the breeds I got and how they compare to yours:
    13 and 22 look like blue laced red wyandottes. Its hard to tell for sure, but if they have orange/yellow/red AND grey on them, its a safe bet. My fav rooster (RIP) was BLRW, and I have 5 new chicks that I am sure will be just as sweet.
    27 looks like a speckeled sussex while 19 and 23 look like EE's. I got 2 EE's and one SS, but only ONE of them had the puffy cheeks. My SS had much sharper lines on her markings, and my EEs had spots/broken stipes around their eyes. I can't tell with the other chipmunks in your pic, but hopefully that helps.
    McMurry actually has great chick pics for almost all their listings. Since these came from them, it should be easy to ID that way, and you know you are not going to match to a breed they don't carry.
    Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by