1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

McMurray ??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by nikevijo, Mar 22, 2009.

1. nikevijo

nikevijo HorseAholic

Apr 20, 2007
    Long Island NY
    What do you do if you do not get the number of chicks that you ordered? I was charged and its marked off on my bill that I got all my silkies, but I only got one. They gave me more black cochins than I ordered. Did they make a mistake or will they do that if they dont have enough of a certain breed??

2. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Call them. That would be the place to start.

Did you say when you ordered that you would accept substitutions?

3. nikevijo

nikevijo HorseAholic

Apr 20, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Yeah, I will call them tomorrow.. I didnt want any subs. Calling them should be lovely, you are pn hold foreeeeeeeever!!

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I'm sorry [​IMG] When I ordered I didn't get anything I had ordered [​IMG] I ended up with a bunch of EE instead of the RIR, BO, White leghorn, and Barred Rocks I had ordered. I won't ever do business with them again.

5. JessaLynn

JessaLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Sandusky County,Ohio
    My cousin ordered from them last year and got a bunch of mixed mutts and top it off most of them died [​IMG] They claimed it was what she ordered but we knew better.Some of her buffs had weird colors on some of there feathers.Shame,Don't waist your money I say and find local breeders instead.Although I have had excellent luck so far with Welp Hatchery,just ordered from them again this year.I wanted more Cochins and no one around here has any that I could find.

6. bantyhen'sfriend

bantyhen'sfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    Last year, there was a disease from their parent stock transferred to the eggs (encaphalomylitis? I don't remember what it was...) that caused us to lose 13 birds: six of my bantams, three of my SC Brown Leghorns, all of my Speckled Sussex, and to top it off, the survivors (our three blue laced red wyandottes(sp?) had serious balance problems. We won't be going there again, but we did get some lovely Hamburgs from them; at fair, my Hamburg hen earned a blue, but the rooster never grew a spike on his comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by