Mcmurrays Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by RhodeIslandReds, Aug 4, 2010.

1. RhodeIslandReds

RhodeIslandReds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    fl
    I ordered from Mcmurrays Hatchery on July 23. They said i would get the chicks from the 8/4/10 to 8/7/10 im just wondering if they send you a email telling you the chicks where shipped already. If you have ordered from them what type of notice do they give for telling the chicks where shipped.

Thanks,
    RIrs

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Im sure they probably do I just got email from Ideal that my chicks were sent yesterday. Waiting for the post office to call [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I got no notice from McMurray two years ago. A lady from the Post Office called on a Sunday morning and said she was coming over to deliver our chicks... and she did.

4. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    I don't remember an email but they were shipped when they said they would and all arrived safely. My PO called bright and early to tell me they arrived....on Memorial Day morning! I have to go to the distribution office but there they were, with about 12 other boxes of chicks. [​IMG]
    The postal guy said they are old hands at this!

5. RhodeIslandReds

RhodeIslandReds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    fl
    Thanks alot for all the info everyone.
    Ive heard that the post office dont like the chicks being there because of the noice they make.
    I guess when they arrive I a phone from them.

Thanks,
    RIrs

6. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    We just picked a hatching date, chicks hatched on Fri got the call from PO sectional at 7:30 AM Sunday. March Hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by