mcmurry duck order

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ameraucanacrazy, Oct 17, 2009.

1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    i tryed to order 6 ducks from them runners and the minimum is 10 will they fill in the order or will i have to buy ten i really dont need ten

2. thedoors5to1

thedoors5to1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    i ordered from natures hatchery, had no problems with them and my ducklings are now full grown and healthy, i ordered 4 ducklings and thier minimum is 2 chicks or ducks. i got one of every color of thier runners, fawn&white, black, blue, and chocolate. you need to call to order the ducklings any color other than fawn&white. and they will sex them for you also if you ask. i got three females 1 male and said i didnt care which of the four was the boy, so it was a surprise, the chocolate one was the boy. very happy with my runners, they are near show quality, very tall and stand straight like a well bred runner should. the ducklings cost more if you buy a small amount of them, they cost around 12 dolars a peice and the fawn&white was a little cheaper. the shipping was around 30 dollars i think (dont quote me) and they arrived at my post office 20 hours after hatching. they put a peice of paper on the box to tell you whats a male and female, and they also tell you when they were born time and date. [​IMG]
    good luck
    check them out:

http://natureshatchery.homestead.com/index.html

3. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    I agree about Nature's Hatchery. They are great! I called in a order of Runner ducks as I wanted some to keep my lone duckling company. I told them I would like some of each color. I ended up ordering 10 ducklings and they sent 11 with a good mix of colors. They shipped on Monday and I got them on Wednesday. All are healthy and growing like weeds. Nature's hatchery folks were very nice and easy to work with. I'll buy from them again.

4. Tweeza

Tweeza Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    New England
    I got my 6 Khaki Campbells from Ideal Hatchery. If I remember correctly I only paid $30-35 for them and I think that shipping was included shipping. They arrived the day after hatching on May 27th of this year. They are just now starting to lay, at least possibly two.

5. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    You might try Metzer's too. They will ship as few as two ducklings and they are awesome to deal with.

6. streemers

streemers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    i just did metzer for 3 choc. runners and they all made it and are very nice looking upright ducklings [​IMG]

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a question about chicks, ducks , guineas when you order. They won't ship ducklings with chicks? What about guineas? I could drive to Cackle to get my chicks in the spring, but the way I read their order, you have to buy 5 of each one you want, and I can only have 20 chicks at the most, so I would rather just get 2-4 of one kind and get a few more breeds to keep it interestng. I know this is now what this thread is about, but if I post it as a new topic, it will die a horrible death.

8. Tweeza

Tweeza Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    New England
    Quote:My order of 6 ducklings came with 8 rooster chicks. Ideal Hatchery will let you pick and choose what you want. They'll just charge you a dollar extra for each variety.

9. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Post an ad on Craiglist Farm & Garden section to find others who would be willing to split an order.

Worked for us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by