MD - Sebastopol for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by peachick, Oct 25, 2007.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I have a 4-5 month old white Sebastopol gander available. He is a very large boy with very good feathering. He is used to free ranging with my other sebastopols. I am letting him go ONLY to an approved home as he is a hand raised pet. Please email me with info on your current flock and photos of housing would be appreciated.

PICK UP ONLY IN MARYLAND
    [email protected]

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    He is very pretty. I wish I had a natural water source and could have water fowl.

3. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Thanks MissPriss, but you only need a kiddy pool. I dont have a natural water sourde either. Sebastopols are not really swimmers.... they are just splashers! [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Since I live the city, I would love to get some for the petting zoo here...they got ordinary geese but this one is an eye catcher!

Well I can always dream of one!

5. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Would he hurt chickens?

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    They don't need a big water source? Wow. I thought they did. I love those geese and often dream of having a flock of them. I grew up with a big pond and huge white geese - I miss them and their mean hissing ways. LOL

7. SimplcitiyAltered

SimplcitiyAltered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    He is very beautiful this is my fave breed. Good luck finding him a new home.

8. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Thanks guys. He is a NICE boy. He was the only baby I was able to raise this year so his name is Solo. The reason Im letting him go is so I can purchase a BLUE Sebastopol gander to go with my 2 colored hens. Next years breedings season should be FUN!

Anyway the personality of Sebastopols is softer than other breeds of geese. They are friendly and very curious. I have 2 hens that follow me everywhere. They will chew on my clothes if I hold still long enough. I have chickens and peacocks too, and the geese have not hurt anything, but they ARE at the top of the pecking order. The only thing that the geese have really bullied is the silkies.

Heres 2 of my favorite pics from the summer. It is my son and one of the hens on a REALLY hot day. I was surprised when my son sat in the goose pool to cool off after I filled it .... and we were BOTH surprised when one of the geese joined him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    do you have any fertile eggs? I would be interested in purchasing some in the spring. I have a friend who is a kindergarten teacher and I am going to let the class "help" me hatch some eggs.

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm sad I don't live closer. I'm not too far - living in South Jersey right now. Not sure how far a drive from here to Maryland is though. I think it's like three hours. Anyways, I have two geese and both are such sweeties. One is a toulouse and the other is supposed to be a sebastopol, but I think he is kind of mixed. Both are loved pets! They live with my chickens and ducks and all get along well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by