1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MD State Poultry Fancier's Assoc. is seeking new members

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by peachick, Jan 19, 2011.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    The Maryland State Poultry Fancier's Association (MSPFA) is seeking new members and volunteers to help organize the annual show in Frederick.
    Every year, the first weekend in November, the MSPFA hosts Maryland's largest poultry show on the fairgrounds in Frederick. The show is sanctioned by the American Poultry Association and brings out the best breeders in MD, PA, VA, WV, & DE.
    We typically have around 1100 birds enter to compete for champion row and over $1000 in premiums and prizes. There are parking lot sales, vendors with poultry supplies, and an egg contest.
    The executive committee meets about 4 times a year to plan the show. Our next meeting is this Sunday, January 23rd, at 1:00 PM in Fulton, Maryland. Its a great group of people, passionate about chickens and promoting poultry shows.

Call or email Will Morrow of Whitmore Farm if interested in participating: 301-447-3611, [email protected].

If unsure, just come to the meeting on Sunday and see if it something you want to get involved in. Thanks!

2. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I posted that yesterday for my friend Will.
    He'd relly like to se some new young faces get active in the club.
    Its a wonderful hobby, and we'd hate to see the club fade away becasue the older members just cant do it all.

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by