Me again! LOL Breed? Sex? Partridge Rock????

cajun41887

Songster
Nov 25, 2015
Parrish, Florida
4 weeks old. Not a clue as to what breed this is. Anyone have any ideas? (The coppery stripped colored one) Some pics are a week or so old. This chick is pretty flighty and doesn't really like to be handled so I apologize for the pic quality. Will try to get better pics tomorrow. All my chicks came from a local feed store and all I was really told was that they are all brown egg layers. I guess while the other chick is in some of the pics, what are the chipmunk looking ones? Are they easter eggers? Feed store had no idea, but they also told me my black chicks were sex link pullets, and we've already been told by several peeps (pun intended) on here that they are black australorps and one is likely a cockerel.

off to the right of the screen, just above the delaware chick

Last edited:
4 weeks old. Not a clue as to what breed this is. Anyone have any ideas? (The coppery stripped colored one) Some pics are a week or so old. This chick is pretty flighty and doesn't really like to be handled so I apologize for the pic quality. Will try to get better pics tomorrow. All my chicks came from a local feed store and all I was really told was that they are all brown egg layers. I guess while the other chick is in some of the pics, what are the chipmunk looking ones? Are they easter eggers? Feed store had no idea, but they also told me my black chicks were sex link pullets, and we've already been told by several peeps (pun intended) on here that they are black australorps and one is likely a cockerel.

off to the right of the screen, just above the delaware chick
This will probably be difficult with the flighty one but for sexing I suggest taking a picture of the wing stretched out. It helps with chicks that only have wing feathers and not the other feathers that can be used to sex them. The black chicks in the back of the last picture do look like Black Australorps. If you can or have a closer picture of the black chicks it will allow us to give you more answers to all of your chicks. The chipmunk looking ones I believe one is an Ameracauna and the other could be an Easter Egger or another Ameracauna. The barred one is a Partridge Plymouth Rock as BantamFan4Life said.

Back
Top Bottom