Me again...

AGUANGA

Hatching
Oct 29, 2015
I was out looking in the chicks and one of my hens (not the mom) actually flew at me and attacked me :) 3 times today. Finally had enough and grabbed her and held her. She is also flying at the chicken wire where chicks are. Don't know if this is aggression towards chicks? or was she trying to keep me away from chicks when she flew at my head..she was actually on my head! LOL looked like a scene from the movie 'THE BIRDS'...LOL!

it could be she was feeling protective, I have an ameraucana, actually the one in my profile pic. and I put a chicken saddle on her because of my roo and after darting around the yard and hiding in the flowers she decided that wasn't working and so she hopped on my head to get away from it. i get what you are feeling

Funny! :) only us chicken lovers can relate LOL! We did cover her box the and the other hens used for laying as we had to make a bigger area for the hen and chicks. Took out a wall to extend the brooders place. She seems really upset about it but the other hens do not seem to care. We build 3 other roosting boxes..so we will see if she will get over it and stop being stubborn!

Back
Top Bottom