Me Against Eggland's Best UPDATE #51

gottalovemychickens

SaveAChickenRideACowboy
10 Years
Aug 19, 2009
50 Miles SouthEast of DENVER !
This is a email i just sent to Egglands Best . I really want to hear from them and i really want to see if they will get back to me with truth. If there is no truth , i wont stop till there is

You are a big company with big lawyers and what not . But i would like to know how you "Eggland's Best" can compare your eggs to real down to earth fresh farm egg. You say your eggs are 100% natural (ie. Cage Free, Organic) . Well I and a lot of others here in america have real farm chickens and real farm eggs .

I want to know why our eggs all look the same , but your eggs dont look the same at all to our .

1) Don't Scramble like ours

2) The whites of your eggs are yellow , and our eggs are well as the word say white when cooked and clear out of the eggs.

Seriously i would really like to know what makes your eggs Natural , what makes them the "Best" . In my eyes i don't see anything better on your side .

Please let me know . Im doing a report on Farm Eggs to Industrial Eggs .

If you can please help me out with me report .

Amount Per 1 large egg (50 g) EB Egg (Large) Ordinary Egg (Large)
Calories 70.0 75.0
Carbohydrate (g) 0 0
Protein (g) 6.3 6.3
Total Fat (g) 4.0 4.5
Saturated Fat (g) 1.2 1.6
Monounsaturated Fat (g) 1.9 1.9
Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 0.8 0.7
Omega 3 (mg) 100 37
DHA (mg) 49 18
EPA (mg) 2 2
ALA (mg) 49 17
Omega 6 (mg) 700 700
Trans Fatty Acid 0 0
Cholesterol (mg) 175 213
Sodium (mg) 60 60
Vitamin E 25% DV 3% DV
(7.5 IU) (0.75 IU)
Folate (mcg) 23.5 23.5
Iodine 40% DV 15% DV
Lutein (mcg) 200 135
Choline (mg)
125 125

175mg of cholesterol compared to 213mg of cholesterol in an ordinary egg.
Clinical tests have shown that people on a low-fat diet who ate 12 Eggland's Best eggs a week did not increase their serum cholesterol level.
Higher in Vitamin E, at least 10 times more than in an ordinary egg.
One Eggland's Best egg provides 25% of a person's recommended daily allowance of Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to protect body cells and tissues whether in the heart, skin, lungs, joints or elsewhere in the body.
25% less saturated fat than in an ordinary egg. Cutting back on saturated fat is recommended for maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and cardiovascular functions.
4 grams of total fat compared to 4.5 grams in an ordinary egg.
100mg of Omega 3, compared to only 37mg in an ordinary egg. Omega 3 fatty acids are termed "essential" and are believed to be beneficial for heart health, brain and eye function, infant development, and alleviating hypertension.
200mcg of Lutein compared to 135mcg lutein in an ordinary egg. Lutein is an important antioxidant that helps to maintain healthy vision which is important to those who could be at high risk of cataracts and macular degeneration (the elderly and people with diabetes).
Higher in Iodine. 40% of the Daily Value of Iodine compared to 15% in an ordinary egg. Iodine is an essential element for thyroid function, necessary for the normal growth, development, and functioning of the brain and body.
A "complete protein". A single egg supplies about 10% of the protein needed daily, along with vitamins A, D, and B12. Eggs are an economical, convenient, and easy-to-prepare source of high-quality protein.

Im getting sick and tired of being called the Ordinary egg. This shows right there that they do not have natural eggs , they are doing something to the eggs to make them "Better" does not make sense .

I will get to the bottom of this

This is also whats im trying to stop BEWARE VERY GRAPHIC

Last edited:
wow. very well put.
wink.png

Doesn't Eggland have VEGETARIAN FED on their label? Since chickens aren't vegetarian, That always struck me as funny. Why would you brag about feeding your animals an improper diet? Good thing most shoppers are stupid I guess.

It's one of those things that 'make you go hmmmm." It will be interesting to see what their reply is. I too would like to know why they feel their eggs are superior. Sure they may have additional units of various vitamins and/or minerals, but how do they achieve that....artifical versus natural means? That sounds like the making of a good debate. Maybe we ought to send some bycer's in there for an undercover investigation.
wink.png

You'll have to let us know when you hear back from them....
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom