Me and my dogs are off to Walk to cure Canine Cancer !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NancyDz, Apr 18, 2009.

1. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Doing a 5k walk with my doggies in honor of their buddy Bailey that we lost to Bone Cancer in 2007. They are wearing a picture key ring on their collar and a button on their bandana. I'm wearing a button on my hat, and on my shirt.

These are the buttons I made up with Bailey's pic :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nancy

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    aww I'm sorry about Bailey. [​IMG] That's so nice of you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy your walk [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  3. HiDelight

HiDelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Thank you for doing this my beautiful dog JuJube a rescued pit bull died this past summer of a horrific cancer ..so personally I want to thank you and tell you that you are doing a wonderful thing ...

our dogs mean the world to us..loosing JuJu was a very hard painful time

sad part is we have two more bullies and both my husband and I find ourselves while we are snuggling them ..we are also looking for lumps [​IMG]

they give so much and ask for so little just love food and play time!!! ok some toys and lots and lots of attention ...ok my dogs are very needy and ask for a LOT in return but they really do give a lot back [​IMG]

thank you!!!

4. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    Way to go!!! [​IMG]

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Thanks everyone, it was really fun to participate in this. The total they had counted so far was $12,000 and they werent done counting yet. This is the first event of this kind and
    they are working on having them all over the country. We did a 3k at 9am and then @ 10am we also did the 5k. Me and the dogs are relaxing this afternoon! It was also the first really warm day.. supposedly in the 90's. There was many dogs there with 3 legs, large tumors, etc that were participating.. they had special survivor bandana's on. It was cool to see them! A woman took a pic of me and my dogs during the walk and then she found me afterwards and wanted to know our story and take some video. She was from the Morris Animal Foundation who is conducting a global research effort to cure canine cancer. So maybe we'll be on their website or something. My dogs loved all the interaction and butt smelling they could do [​IMG].

I also bought a really great book from one of the Vet's that talked..It's called "speaking for Spot" It's basically an insider's guide to getting the best vet care for your dog.

speakingforspot.com

Anyway, it was a great event and a great cause. [​IMG]

Nancy

6. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Bailey was just adorable. She kinda has the look of a lab/shep X, yeah?

One of my best dogs ever was a lab/shep X (as near as I could tell). She made it to 13 and then got stomach cancer.

I hereby raise my first glass of my second bottle of wine to all the good dogs out there! mmmmmm....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by