Me and the chicken keep having an arguement... PICS!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by greytmommy, Apr 18, 2011.

1. greytmommy

greytmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Chili, our grey cochin pullet, BELIEVES that she should be a house chicken. We keeping tell her she is mistaken...she needs to stay in the broodbox w/ the rest of the flock. So she either thinks WE are her flock...or she thinks she is a dog. One of the two! [​IMG]

So all day....this is what happened: we are sitting in the living room. And you hear that flapping of wings. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Then you see her...super fat....ah..cough cough...FLUFFY, Chili some SKIDDING into the room. She FREEZES. Looks at us. Then just starts strutting her stuff and pecking at the carpet. Like she is saying: Of COURSE I belong in here with you.

I think we have the makings of a house chicken, wether we want it or not!!!!

here is photographic proof! lol! [​IMG]

The skitter and walking in:
    [​IMG]

The "of course I belong here" strut
    [​IMG]

and here is her bedding down to watch some TV w/ us...
    [​IMG]

2. MydearWatson

MydearWatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    OMG! That is just too sweet! I am kind of hoping some of mine will be this into people! [​IMG]

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] Those are the sweetest pictures. Thanks for sharing made me laugh and smile. What a beautiful baby. Let us know who wins. [​IMG]

4. greytmommy

greytmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    seriously...she hasnt met a person she doesnt like. She is even SUPER tolerant of our terrier mix dog and the cats! She even jumped on the dogs back once, and scared the crap outta the dog! [​IMG]

5. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Aww, that's so cute. She's absolutely adorable.

I would love to see what my cats and dog would do if one of my chicks came walking through the room. [​IMG]

6. Chihuahuamom444

Chihuahuamom444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Hate to break it to ya But you are SO not winning this battle, go to walmart and buy her a little bed, she's gonna need it [​IMG]

7. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Thats just so sweet!

8. Nodaksnakelover

Nodaksnakelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    North Dakota
    Love it! I keep hoping for such a tame soul out of our own chickens. So far they all much prefer the wild outdoors...

9. Chihuahuamom444

Chihuahuamom444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Quote:Trust me, it's not all fun and games [​IMG] I Have a tiny house chicken and she is a pain, can't go out when it's raining, snowing, to hot, to cold, to windy.....any excuse in the book she uses to stay inside and when I tell her she needs fresh air I find her standing on the porch looking in the glass door till it gets annoying and in she comes [​IMG]

10. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    [​IMG] such great stories. love it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by