me + my chicken=eternal happiness.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by supercalliefragilistic, Jun 18, 2010.

1. supercalliefragilistic

supercalliefragilistic Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2010
    Washington
    Callie is my whole world [​IMG] we do everything together. she sleeps in my bed, follows me around, chills on my shoulder, and i think she thinks shes a human.

every time i see someone at school that i dont know, like if im with a friend and one of their friends comes by, i say "HI im katherine and i have a pet chicken!" pretty much everyone knows i have a chicken, and EVERYONE loves lil callie.
    we will be celebrating her 4 month birthday this next friday. she is getting quite grown up, and recently started to sound like an actual chicken. if i leave her alone, she gets quite upset and all in a panic, as do i when im away from her.
    there have been multiple occasions where she should have died. she got really really sick at a few weeks old. i cried and cried and held her. she miraculously got better from that and then about a month ago something attacked the chickens in their outdoor pen, i think it was crows, and one was dead and she was gone. no sign of her, not even feathers. i stopped functioning, and did not know what i would do without her. thanks to prayer and good luck, she was found in some bushes at the school next door the following day by my dog, when she was on a walk.
    she is my love, my little baby. ive had her from when she was a week old, and intend to still have her in college and when im starting my own family. shes made her way into my heart and will stay there forever.

just thought you should know [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She's a pampered chick!

3. supercalliefragilistic

May 8, 2010
    Washington
    [​IMG]

4. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Such sweet pics!

5. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Callie is really cute, as you are too!
    Should be funny someday when a guy has to compete with a CHICKEN for your time and attention!!!!!!

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    So sweet. It is amazing how they sneak into your heart isn't it?

7. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    The right guy doesn't compete. He buys you chicks, builds them coops, hauls the heavy bags of food, holds you when you cry over one you lost, does what is needed to keep them safe and NEVER complains about time or money spent on the babies.

8. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    awww, he would be an awesome guy! [​IMG]
    Quote:

9. supercalliefragilistic

May 8, 2010
    Washington
    oh thanks heatherindeskies!
    and jenni2142-that is so what im looking for [​IMG]

10. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    Yes he does have moments of awesomeness, but never tell him I said that. Thanks to his encouragement I am up to 36 babies and at one time had bunches(20) in the house, with carpet. Did he complain, nope, just decided the time was right to put down the laminate wood floors he has always wanted. Then started my dream coop so everyone could have their own place outside. Well not quite everyone, still have 3 inside in the cages he made for them.
    Housechickens are wonderful pets but not all chickens are happy inside. Contrary to what some experts think though some chickens thrive inside where they don't outside. I had one I moved outside where she was happier and 2 I brought in because they where not keeping weight on outside.
    If she is frantic when you are not there then she needs a friend, 2 housechickens really don't make more of a mess than one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by