me

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, May 18, 2011.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    [​IMG] have any of you ever been pecked in the eye by one of your chicks? my 5 week old buf orpington flew on my shoulder this morning and before i could get her down she pecked my eye. i have been pecked before but i closed my eye before i got pecked this time she got me ough:( scrathed my eye.

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I've had some close calls, but have never actually been pecked in the eye. I also don't let my chicks fly up on my shoulder either, but that's mostly because I don't want a big cecal poop down my back...again [​IMG] Sorry about your eye,crazy chicks always have to peck "the shiney thing". Hope your feeling better [​IMG]

3. feathers_3

feathers_3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Eastern NC
    I have to say I have never been pecked in the eye. I would have been scared to death about going blind or something outrageous like that. lol I have been scratched in the eye by my cat though. I still have a scar on my eye lid. Hope your eye is okay! [​IMG]

4. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Hope ur eye is ok! [​IMG] I wear glasses and mine have seen the light and stuff reflecteed off of them (as I stupidly was holding it and trying to look in it's eye and make cooing sounds!). [​IMG] [​IMG] Lesson learned! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by