Mealworm Beetle Starter Set For Sale

sillybirds

Songster
13 Years
Aug 5, 2008
California
If you're interested in raising mealworms for your chickens or pets, here's a great way to get started. This Beetle Jumbo Starter Set includes almost everything you'll need to raise these nutritious treats. You'll receive everything you see in the picture -- Three 6 qt containers with screen vents, wheat bran (approx. 2.5 lbs.), 160+ ready-to-lay beetles, and an information sheet. All you need to add when you receive them is a moisture source, like carrots or potatoes, and in 2-3 months you'll have upwards of 9,000-12,000 mealworms. Your chickens will love you!
big_smile.png
The cost is only $25 plus shipping (USPS Priority Mail). I will also sell the set without the containers and bran, but with a section of screen, if you want to use your own containers and food, for $10 plus $4.80 postage USPS Priority Mail shipped anywhere in the U.S. I have these ready for immediate shipping.

Beetle Jumbo Starter Set:

beetlejumbostarterset.jpg

With proper care and feeding you'll have 3 times this in 2-3 months!

mealworms.jpg

Last edited:
HOw does this work ? I have sugar gliders and hedge hogs and they love these things . ANd i cant get them year round around here so this could work out quite well for me

Quote:
It's quite easy. You just put the wheat bran and beetles in the containers, add a piece of carrot every couple days, and in 2-3 months you'll have a LOT of mealworms!

do they live in the wheat brand like bedding and eat it ?
And where can i buy more of it whn i need it ?

I think i will order the kit from you . seems easy enough

I would like to say to those considering taking advantage of this. Farming your mealworms is so much cheaper than buying them. This is (in my opinion) a fair deal being offered. I don't think you could do this any cheaper and it is a nice setup.

Chickens love them.

Good luck.
Advocate for raising your own mealworms.

Quote:
Yes, they live in and eat the bran. Bran can be purchased at grocery stores, or for larger amounts, you can go to a feed store.

PM me your zip and I'll calculate postage for you.

I would highly recommend getting in on this! I bought a starter kit from sillybirds and am very glad I did, the chickens eat more worms than I can imagine and I'm glad I'll be able to support their habit by raising my own mealworms.

Back
Top Bottom