1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mealworms for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sillybirds, Nov 17, 2009.

1. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Mealworms for sale: Nutritious treats your chickens will love!

* 1000 medium size mealworms (1200 including 20% overcount) -- $9 (shipping USPS Priority Mail only $4.80 anywhere U.S. 48 states)

PM me for larger quantities:

* 2000 medium size mealworms (2400 including 20% overcount) -- $15 (actual postage based on your ZIP code -- ranges between $4.80 and $8.30)

* 3000 medium size mealworms (3600 including 20% overcount) -- $20 (actual postage based on your ZIP code -- ranges between $4.80 and $8.30)

Note: My medium mealworms are mostly 3/4 inch in size. Some will be smaller, and some larger. The photo is for general representation, not the actual worms to be sold.

2. TheCoopers

TheCoopers si amoureux

Sep 16, 2009
    Lexington,SC
    We received our mealworms today.
    Shipping all the way from where you are only took 2 days!!
    The birds are loving them, [​IMG]

We tried to leave feedback but it is not showing up for some reason so I decided to post here.
    We will definitely order again soon.

Thank You

3. sillybirds

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Thank you!

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Dumb question but....are these alive? I buy little cans of freeze dried mealworms. Expensive. Don't now if I can hadle live ones.

Thanks,

mary

5. sillybirds

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Quote:Yes, they are alive, but they're not bad at all. And you don't really have to touch them if you don't want to. My chickens love them!

6. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:Yes, they are alive, but they're not bad at all. And you don't really have to touch them if you don't want to. My chickens love them!

How do you keep them alive?

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I refrigerate mine when I get them, it puts them (I think) in a comatose state, haha! Just shake them up when you take them out of the refrigerator.
    Chickens LOVE to chase them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by