Mealworms for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sillybirds, Jan 26, 2010.

1. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Mealworms for sale: Nutritious treats your chickens will love!

1200 mealworms -- $9 (shipping by USPS Priority Mail only $5.44 anywhere in the U.S. 48 states)

Note: My medium mealworms are between 1/2 to 1 inch in length. The number of worms shipped is approximated based on an established average weight of 150 grams per 1200 medium sized mealworms. The photo is for general representation, not the actual worms to be sold.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Quote:Alright, first off I wanted to say you suck (in a loving huffy - puffy way)
    2) Yes, you're right, I've fallen in for your trick... now if you sold Crickets... I'd say you suck More. (do you sell crickets???)
    So... first off, can ya take Postal Money Orders??? LOL and what is the total cost to ship to Kansas???

LOL I NEED MEALWORMS!!%Pr

3. ChookHappy

ChookHappy Dances with Chickens

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Hey I've been looking at your mealworm kits for quite a while now. I was curious if it takes any heat lamps or electricity in general to raise them?

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:i don't believe so ! alot of people keep them in big tubbaware containers @ room temperature.

5. ChookHappy

ChookHappy Dances with Chickens

Oct 12, 2009
    Petaluma, Ca
    Quote:i don't believe so ! alot of people keep them in big tubbaware containers @ room temperature.

Awesome! I can't wait for tax return season!!

6. sillybirds

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    LGB -- PM sent

7. sillybirds

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Quote:No, as usschicago1 correctly stated, they don't need to be heated unless in a cold climate. I live in a moderate climate (CA) and keep mine in storage cabinets in the garage where it can get into the 50's. Their growth and reproduction rates do slow down a little during the winter.

8. hunter1hall

hunter1hall Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Mackville, Kentucky
    You can put the pupa (or larva, the alien looking things that the worms turn into) in an incubator at 93 degrees. This will transform them into beetle in 5 or 6 days. Lots of beetles lay lotsa eggs. If thats what you are wanting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by