Mean little booger

arllcountrygirl

lavender nutt
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
Delight, Arkansas
My Coop
My Coop
Has anyone else ever had a chick that was just born mean? I have a standard mix chick that I hatched out and from the moment I moved him to the brooder box he has been aggressive like. I would put bets on that he is a Roo
hmm.png
When I put my hand in to feed or water - he tries attacking it, even fluffs up and strutts. He has even started pecking my hand. He isn't the only chick in the batch. The other chicks are not like this at all, this is the first time I have ever dealt with an unruly chick of this nature. I know this may seem cute and all to some and it may at this point and time, but not when he is a mature large roo or hen.

That was my last roo that my dog killed Monday. He was very agressive towards everyone. But eventually me and him came to an understanding. I read the thread about umm mean roos uh rooster boot camp or something. It was how to break them of those behavoirs. I did what it said and it worked. Well for me at least. lol he still didn't like anyone else but he watched over his girls like they were pure gold. Doted on them like an expecting father. And what a looker he was. Search for the roo behavior topic on here and you'll find it. Lots of good stuff in it.

Back
Top Bottom