Mean Little Kitty

Sword

Songster
9 Years
Dec 27, 2010
Mundelein
Some dirtbag dumped a litter of kittens at a pet sitting client's house. I managed to catch one, the other three ran into the woods and I couldn't find them. He's a mean little kitty, and took a bite out of my hand, but he's cute enough to get away with it. Anybody need a mean little Cujo?

Here's Cujo!
74613_102_0359.jpg

He doesn't like me, though.
74613_102_0360.jpg

Cujo: I will escape!!!
74613_102_0343.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful of bites from a cat with an unknown background. A local farmer had a bunch of spay/neuter/release cats dropped off at his farm. Evidently they had not been vaccinated for rabies as after biting him, two tested positive for rabies.
hide.gif

Also, most people don't know that cat bites can lead to terrible infections, thier mouths are filled with really bad bacteria. I found out after i got bit by a feral cat and when I went to the doctor she said I had to get a tetanus shot, and I was put on major antibiotics for 2 weeks! The mom of a friend's own cat bit her recently on the leg, and it became infected and they may have to amputate her leg!!!!!
ep.gif

I caught another one of the kittens! He's just as unfriendly as Cujo (didn't get bit this time though). I've named him Vlad for the time being. I think they're feral, but how would a bunch of 7 week old kittens just appear out of nowhere unless they were dumped. And what sort of weirdo would dump ferals? I haven't seen any trace of their mom.

Good of you to take them in. I've taken in several ferals over the years. Most have become lazy house pets, a couple never did socialize, so they are outside/shed cats.

They are probably littermates that are exploring their environment. They are good at keeping hidden especially when people are around. I had one live to about 6 weeks old in a boat that was parked in my backyard. I never even suspected there was anything living in it.

Imp

Vlad and Cujo are currently at Lake County Animal Control being observed for rabies. Almost everyone there seemed nice and to like animals, so I think (hope) they're in good hands now.

I currently have a feral cat that I domesticated. It took a long time for this cat to trust me. Once I earned his trust, I was able to treat him with frontline as he was horribly infested with fleas. Then I updated his shots and got him fixed. He kept getting bit by either a dog or fox and back to the vets several times for antibiotics and scraping/draining infections. This cat cost me a pretty penny. He's not like our other cats, he's super friendly, but he bites your hand when you pet him. The vet gave me a discount in the beginning for taking in a stray. The poor cat gets mange and I have to bathe him in this horrible smelling shampoo every year or so. He also has a lot of health problems. We don't see him in the summer, he only comes in to eat. During the winter, he sleeps on my pillow next to my head. I guess he's grateful we saved him.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom