Mean male pekin :(

Sarsa72

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2017
Pennsylvania
He was always so cuddly and friendly but now bites me (hard and latches on and won't let go) and chases me. I hope this is just a phase or will he stay like this? He doesn't go after my boyfriend though, maybe it's a male alpha status but he sure as hell constantly comes at me until I pick him up and look him in the eye then he's chill for a bit. I don't want him to be mean though:/

Attachments

• 20170905_171206.jpg
    20170905_171206.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 14
Yup! Welcome to the teenage years, mine does the same thing. He is being protective of his family. From what I have read, You will have to submissively hold him down, gently. As weird as it sounds.... Kinda like strattling him while you are on all fours. I didn't have to go to that extreme. But when mine would get all shaky in his head and lung at me, I would just pick him up and hold him... cause he hated that, when he calmed down I would put him down. I only had to do that a couple of times and he got the point! Sometimes you have let them know who is in charge.

Well don't cull your problems. That's the easy way out.

Just cuddle him extra hard, he will get the point. Our drake does it but he only goes after my girlfriend and never me. She picks him up for a few minutes and let's him go then he's fine.

You can "mount" him in a sense and put him between your legs when you're kneeled down, get him on his stomach and display dominance over him. Don't squeeze too hard so you don't hurt him. He will come around, my girlfriend actually got sad when he stopped doing it to her because it was like he didn't pay any attention anymore and she thought something was wrong lol...

Well don't cull your problems. That's the easy way out.

Just cuddle him extra hard, he will get the point. Our drake does it but he only goes after my girlfriend and never me. She picks him up for a few minutes and let's him go then he's fine.

You can "mount" him in a sense and put him between your legs when you're kneeled down, get him on his stomach and display dominance over him. Don't squeeze too hard so you don't hurt him. He will come around, my girlfriend actually got sad when he stopped doing it to her because it was like he didn't pay any attention anymore and she thought something was wrong lol...

Back
Top Bottom