1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mean old Frizzle!!!!I GOT PICS! Woohoo!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justusnak, May 12, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Well, she is not really old, just a year old....but...she and her "sister" have been setting in the same nest, for just about 3 weeks now. Yesterday, i saw egg shell on the floor next to them. [​IMG] So, I got all excited, and ran to get my camera...and waited.....and waited....never to see a baby. Today, I went out there, and tried to beg her off the nest with treats....there are MORE egg shells out there...I did get a peek at 2 black and one little yellow baby [​IMG] ...but ony for a few seconds before she tucked them away from my prying eyes. Ohhhh, the suspense!! I want to see the little ones! Mean old Frizzle!! I guess I didnt teach her...its NICE TO SHARE!!! Hopeing for a good look tomorrow! [​IMG]

Ok, so I finally got her to get her fuzzy wuzzy off the babies...I could not get closer..Daddy is VERY watchfull!
    I have 2 light ones....wondering...is one going to be white, the other buff???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  2. millicent

millicent Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2007
    Livermore, Maine
    Not fair! Give that chicken a time out!
    patty

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

My gosh!!! Pick that nasty momma up and get some pics on here!!!!

4. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Mean old Frizzle!![​IMG][​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Pick her up!?? Are you nuts!??? LOL She is as mean as a pit bull with puppies!! Oh my she used to be so sweet....my little cuddleing, cooing fuzzy wuzzy frizzle, is now a growling, snipping, fury!!
    Why I outta!! LOL
    Going out there now...with camera in hand! She BETTER let me see!

6. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    meanie, maybe if you take her favorite food and put it just inches out of her reach, then if she leans over you can "snap snap" and "share with us [​IMG]"

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I am hopeing to get more pics...maybe tomorrow...is dady lets me in the pen!! Oh but he is protective!!

8. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    is that the dddy in the first pic, i can just imagine what he's saying, he doesn't want any funny bussness, he's probably thinking "take the pictures and leave!" [​IMG]
    btw- they are very cute

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Thanks.....yup. thats daddy gettin in my face when I was trying to get pics. He always comes between me and the babies. He is a great daddy!

10. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I just love the pic of daddy looking at the camera, tooooo much!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by