MEAN ROO !!!

Mommy519

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 11, 2013
I am sort of new at this, as this is the first time me and my husband actually hatch off 2 sets of eggs. Well we have 5 hens 1 roo and everyone has always gotten along, until my little blue easter egger went broody along with my brahma.. both hens were seperated from the flock to a neat little nesting box/run/brooder box that my husband built for the moms to hatch and raise their chicks.. Both hens have there seperate entrances ect.. Now that the chicks are 6 weeks old we have been letting everyone mingle free range in the afternoon. I have noticed that the hens who have been separated from the flock to hatch and raise chicks are being attacked by my roo... I dont understand little blue was his buddy before she went broody, now he hates her, and is also very aggresive towards my brahma.. is this because they are still raising there babies?

Well ha was really sweet and a very good roo as far as taking care of his girls, but dang he is just being mean to the hens who have chicks, I just wonder if its normal

Back
Top Bottom