Mean rooster

EmilyM

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2016
Northeast Ohio
I have a game rooster so he's pretty mean. I don't even let him out of the coop because when he gets out, he tries to fight with my neighbors chickens. I keep the coop open so the hen can go in and out as she wants but his wings are clipped so he can't get out. But he's so mean that my hen doesn't even want to go back into the coop anymore. He doesn't hurt her or anything but she doesn't seem to want to be around him. It's raining out and she still refuses to go into the coop. What should I do about my rooster? Game rooster aren't very desirable so I don't know anyone I could just give him to.

I have other chickens to keep her company. I just can't keep them in the same coop as him because he has killed one of my roosters. I'm thinking I should have killed him then when I had it in me to do it but I can't bring myself to do it anymore. It would be safer for all my chickens if he was gone but I'd rather find him a nice home. I might give him to someone to have him killed if there's no other option.

welcome-byc.gif

I can't imagine anyone else is going to want him, either.

I'm sure you can find someone around you willing to cull a rooster. Maybe not the best conversation opener with a stranger
roll.png
, but ask around and you'll probably find a hunter or fisher or just a brave soul who would be willing to help you out.

Put your location in your profile. Seriously, if you're near me, I'd come do it for you.

I think I might have found a home for him but if they end up not wanting him, they're hunters so they won't mind doing it for me.

Back
Top Bottom