meanest rooster you ever had? pics?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lcw1995, Dec 30, 2010.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    ive had a few that have acted like they were going to come after me but they never do.just bluff it.
    so whos the meanest rooster youve ever had.. you have any pictures?

2. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    my dad, when he was younger, had a White Leghorn roo named The Teaberry Shuffle. The reason he was called that was because he would "dance" toward my dad and his siblings before attacking them. My dad said that The Teaberry Shuffle was so nasty, he and his sisters and his brother would hide behind a tree while waiting for the school bus so that The Teaberry Shuffle wouldn't see them.

Then eventually, a fox came by and it was all over.

3. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    Golden Polish. Spike! We rehomed him at a swap to a family that assured us they had no small children and could handle him.

4. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Two Barred Rocks named Dinner and I want to kill you (I wanted to kill him, he wanted to kill me), They went to the "great chicken coop in the Sky" [​IMG] :
    [​IMG]

5. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    hmmm, these are good little storys.
    ha love the pics as well.
    keep it comming.

6. greenriver

greenriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Wilmington, Il
    I had a big Barred Rock rooster named Foghorn. Hated my wife and would hit the fence trying to get to her as she aproached the chicken yard.

When we went in to collect eggs I would have to keep myself between Foghorn and my young son to keep him from spurring him. If I wasn't viligent he would swing around behind and attack. I would not go in without one of those wire leg catchers. I had used much force with Foghorn and it made him no difference. He attacked my son one day when I had my back turned and I swung around and hit him with a catcher up side his head. Hard. It knocked him down but he got up, shook his head and dropped his wing down a little for another charge. That rooster had no quit in him at all.

If I was by myself he would circle me but not come into range. It was a standoff each time.

One day he got out of the fenced run and trapped my neighbors wife in her barn. She had her cell phone and had to call her husband to come rescue her.

I had to cull poor Foghorn that evening. We loved that rooster though.

7. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    tough big guy

8. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    These two decided they would start tag teaming anything - attacking one hen in particular, and then made the fatal mistake of running at my 2 y/o. That was The End.

Here they are in the Green Mile.

[​IMG]

I still have two roosters to 11 hens now, but once these two hooligans were taken out of the picture, peace reigned o'er the coop.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  9. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    2 come to mind. The first was a porcelian D'Uccle roo who was ruthless. He got me once and was penned for a while. One day he was out and my then 3 yr old daughter was standing on the porch when he flew up and got her right in the face. Thankfully missed her eye and no scar. He was dead less than 30 min later. I couldn't catch him, so I shot him.
    2nd one was a buff rock that I had to hit in the head with a shovel to get him away from me. His name after that was Bobble Head because of the twitch he developed. He was destined for the stew pot soon after. I will not keep a mean roo around. Not with 4 kids.....

10. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i have never had a mean rooster [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by