1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Meat bird tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by vermonster, May 25, 2010.

1. vermonster

vermonster In the Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Meat bird tractor, using mostly salvaged materials, built in a day. Size is 10X4X2. There is a door/lid on each end, and hardware cloth predator guard to keep the critters out. I still need to add latches, and a handle for moving it. The wheel assembly is from a kids' tricycle wagon. Frame is made up of 2x2's (ripped to width from wider dimensional lumber).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Birds in the pictures are layers on their first foray out of the brooder.

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Looks great I am jealous .. You may want to add some type of ventilation on the wood area .. As they need very good crossventilation at this tiome of year ... Otherwise it looks awesome...

3. vermonster

vermonster In the Brooder

May 3, 2010
    I figure that if I need to add ventilation, I will just take a drill bit and start turning the wood siding into swiss cheese. I'm waiting at this point, though, to see how they do with it 'as is'. The summers are pretty cool up here -- it is very rare that we hit 90, and the nights can get downright chilly.

4. Neilette

Neilette Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Neat! Gorgeous! I may have to "borrow" those plans!

Last edited: May 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: