1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meat Birds 101 (Fishing for knowledge)

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by typnslow, Apr 20, 2012.

1. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Hello everyone! Thanks for viewing!

I just set 12 Cornish-Cross Hatching Eggs under Bisket my Broody BO, in a small tractor.

I am looking for any and all advice I can get on growing out meat birds. This is my husband and I's first meat bird project. Can anyone suggest a good resource for information? (other than trolling the threads on BYC, of course)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!

Christie

[​IMG]

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

3. wsmoak

wsmoak Chillin' With My Peeps

I think everything you need to know is in this forum somewhere. :) Some of us have individual threads chronicling the birds from chicks arriving in the mail to butcher weights, and those might be helpful. (And you can start one of your own now!) If you have specific questions, be sure to ask, someone here will know. Good luck! -Wendy

4. typnslow

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Thanks ya'll for the links. They are A LOT of help.
    BYC'rs ROCK!

5. typnslow

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Awesome idea! I will do just that!!!! I have a day to myself today, I will back up to the beginning and start a thread!!! Hopefully I will glean some good advice, but at the least it will be fun for me to document this adventure.
    Thanks Wendy :)

Christie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by