meat birds are just fine have had meat birds all my life but meeting people with meat birds is a who

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by bluejeans, Dec 18, 2013.

1. bluejeans

bluejeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2012
    hi all and you thought this post and website was about meat birds no,, not for me ,, its about meeting you ..

glad your here.. honestly i never had a decent conversation with a bird i was about to eat anyway..

2. BCMaraniac

BCMaraniac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Hi BlueJeans,

Welcome to the madness of meatiness!!! And you are right.....meaties are a little hard to talk to, especially right out of the freezer[​IMG]

3. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    [​IMG]Here everybody talks meat. Welcome....

4. LilRedRoo

LilRedRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    Bremond, Texas
    Howdy!!! I'm just learning about meat birds this fall/winter, and we're raising our first batch. Definitely no conversations with them, other than, "well, you're next."

5. LindaB220

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    What else is there to say. [​IMG] Bluejeans, where are you from? Got a lot of chickens?
    LilRedRoo, where is Bremond, Tx? I live outside of Shreveport. Just found me a local (sort of) BYC buddy that lives in Minden. She is going to help me get acclimated to the world of chickens. Love it. [​IMG]

6. LilRedRoo

LilRedRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    Bremond, Texas
    Bremond is about 3.5-4 hours southwest of you (about an hour north of Bryan/College Station, TX). Bremond is a fairly quiet, country community :)
    Minden is just about in your backyard I think. I have a good friend in Louisiana, but he's in the Alexandira area, and is from Ville Platte.

7. LindaB220

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Love Alexandria, nice town. I come that away ever so often to Austin. My daughter lives there and I'll NEVER get to go again now that I'm getting chickens. ha Not really, I've got a chicken sitter available. Love to go to Tx. Soooo much action going on no matter where you are.

Hey BCMaraniac, I found a local large hatchery outside of Minden so I may not have to pay outrageous shipping. Bet they won't have my white dorkings I'm looking for. That's a given. ha

Bluejeans, tell us about your chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by