Meat Loaf.....whats your favourite recipe?....

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by 2468Chickensrgr8, Nov 4, 2008.

1. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Okay I am sitting herte eating a cold meatloaf(leftover) sandwhich...I made this one in a rush yesterday....
    since I had the food processor out to grind up all my pumpkin seeds and pulp for the girls...I thought I'd grind up the left over Roast beef from Sunday's dinner
    and added it to the hamburger
    two eggs
    some bread crumbs
    some of the beef gravy(left over from Sunday)
    chopped onion
    Place it in the heated oven(450 degrees) for 10 minutes(till brownish) and then put a can of undilluted tomato soup on top....and turned oven down to 350 degrees ...covered and let it cook for a long time because I went to do my chores....maybe one and a half hours????? didnt hear the timer......What's yours??...

2. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    My DH hates meatloaf, I think it is leftover from childhood. I, on the other hand, enjoyed meatloaf as a child. But I have never made it for my family since DH dislikes it so much....

3. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    actually yours sounds really good!

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I love meatloaf I just started making this one. I use 2-3 pound of ground beef. 1/2-3/4 cup bread crumbs,1 egg,chopped onions,1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. form into loaf and pour the rest of tomato sauce on it. bake 1 1/2 hours at 350. We just butchered our pigs last week and I added 1 pound of ground pork to the ground beef and it was delicious.

5. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I like it with oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs and with shredded carrots 'n celery 'n onion. Oh, and some sausage in place of the beef.

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I make it average with ground beef or venison, garlic, salt pepper, onion, a little worchestershire (sp), bread crumbs and an egg. I have started adding a little chopped green pepper, they do it that way at The Cracker Barrel restaurant and we like it. My grandmother makes hers like a brick, its dense but oh so good for sandwiches the next day, one of my favorites.

7. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    My mouth is watering....yes I also like to sneak in veggies....carrots ,celery,peppers..I even do this with homemade hamburgers.....my kids don't know this ....so dont tell them hahaha!!! Now I am going to try oatmeal....whats that saying...what they don't know won't hurt them...hahaha!!

8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
  9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
  10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I really like the idea of using sausage, but the problem is that sausage has to cook WAAAAYYY longer than beef.... One of these days I *MAY* try it....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by